Thursday, March 24, 2011

Repurpose Your Filing Cabinet


Who does not have a plain white, black or cream metal filing cabinet in their home or office?  I have an ugly cream cabinet and I am looking forward to painting it this spring and jazzing it up.   I have seen filing cabinets at garage sales, flea markets and even on the curb.  Look at how some people have repurposed the use of a filing cabinet.  So think twice before you pass one up at a sale!
diy Yes You Can: Repurposed File Cabinets!

diy Yes You Can: Repurposed File Cabinets!

An old door is used as the desktop with glass lining the top. 
So cool!

diy Yes You Can: Repurposed File Cabinets! Decoupage!


diy Yes You Can: Repurposed File Cabinets!diy Yes You Can: Repurposed File Cabinets!

diy Yes You Can: Repurposed File Cabinets!diy Yes You Can: Repurposed File Cabinets!
Do you see it?  Used as a table!

4 comments:

  1. Hey...you just reminded me I have an old, tall and cool looking cream one hiding someplace in my garage. Think I'll find a better spot for it...thanks :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I will definitely be looking at those old "boxes" with a new eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty amazed! The door table and file cabinets are so cool! I also like that file cabinet which was turned into a kitchen island. Everything in this post was made perfectly handy and helped save a lot of cash.

    Willaude Gore

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i wish i wouldn't have given mine to my daughter...love the kitchen island idea....

    ReplyDelete